Wednesday 12 February 2014

The start of Litomatoma Robotiod, EVE Online

After many years of almost buying EVE Online, three days ago I decided that I would go for it.

The game is a subscription game in the same vein as WoW, you can either try it for free for 14 days via the website http://www.eveonline.com/start/ or you can buy it on Steam like I did meaning you get the game and 1 months subscription free. This also creates an account linked to Steam and the EVE Online website.

As my internet is so slow it took me two nights to download and patch. But nothing to worry about, it's not that big of a download as my friend did it in under an hour... Anyway, back to the game not my terrible internet.

The story is based off people from Earth going through a wormhole to the other end of the universe to a new galaxy named "New Eden". The wormhole was stabilised for a while, creating a giant gateway bearing the titular name "EVE" but it unexpectedly collapsed, leaving the people that had passed through stranded on the surrounding planets.

After many years man kind rose back up into the stars and was divided into 5 factions that you choose from. I won't ruin everything as there is a huge plot twist in there that will explain the game a lot more.
Currently I have made a character called "Litomatoma Robotiod" whom I will travel the universe of EVE Online as.

The game is really enjoyable, but not for the people that want fast paced games as there are times in which you must travel for literally 30 minutes for a mission, which is what I'm doing right now.
Now this could all be because I chose the path of business which said, "This is for the sort of people that will eventually want to sit on their leather chairs and smoke cigars on their spacestation".

I will keep you updated on future EVE experiences and hope I can inspire you to play, Ciao.

Ian "Litomatoma" Comina

No comments:

Post a Comment