Monday 7 April 2014

DayZ Epoch: The Battle for Sosnovka!

Hello everyone, Kieran 'Mukea' Miller here and today I am going to share a story that happened to us last night on DayZ Epoch. DayZ Epoch is another form of the DayZ mod for Arma II, in this mod there is currency, traders, you can build bases, and several other things that generally make the mod better. Read on for what happened to us!

Me, Luke and Ian built a base on a DayZ Epoch server. We built around the server spawned house that's off to the south west of Sosnovka, we boarded up the hole in the wall and boarded up the front fences, then we had a door with a combination lock so only we could get in. We did this because it saved us a lot of hassle as we wouldn't have to build walls to go all the way round, and we just built stairs onto the roof of the house so that we could snipe off of it. This was going to be our "lobby" and we were going to expand backwards. All of this story takes place in the following area.


I went AFK to cook some food with my fiancé and when I came back Luke and Ian had a story to tell me. They were sitting there organising our crates when Luke got shot, not enough to be killed but he still got shot. Luke thought it might have been Ian that shot him but then they heard people talking to them. They told them that we had to move our base because apparently that is where all the wars happen. They offered to refund our plot pole if we moved but at this point they had already shot Luke so we weren't happy. Luke put all of his gear in the crates and went outside, locking the door behind him, whilst Ian was on the roof of the house with a sniper rifle. Ian managed to see a sniper aimed at Luke and shot him in the head, the second person then asked if it was Luke that killed his friend but then he got headshotted as well. The people that Ian killed then started saying in Side Chat that they were putting a bounty on their heads, half a briefcase of gold to whoever gets the kills. Needless to say, a lot of people on the server responded to this.

At this point I had logged back in and had started to head back to the base, I was about 1600m away. When I got close to the base I started sneaking around the woods behind our base, going from pine tree to pine tree, when a helicopter goes over head and I see two people parachute down. I had a G36K (Camo) which is an assault rifle that has a pretty decent scope on it, good enough for this situation at least.  I take a shot at one of them, hit them but they don't die. I then back off into another pine tree. The assault on our base had begun.

Luke and Ian are in the base at this point, they get into the shed and put a wall up infront of the door, trying to get as much protection as possible. However the enemy saw them put the wall up so knew exactly where they were and started firing blindly into the shed. Luke gets hit and eventually dies, Ian takes a few bullets but manages to survive for now. I flank round to the south west part of the woods behind our base and take up position in another pine tree. From there I sit and watch for a while, waiting to see where they are. I see one, a guy in a ghillie suit, looking at the base with a rifle, I sit there waiting for him to stop moving so I can get a decent shot, at this point I was about 200m away. He stops, I open fire. He gets hit a few times and starts to panic and in doing so, runs into our outer shed, the open door of which is facing perfectly where I am shooting from. I get a few more shots off and he dies.

The panic that this attack gives the enemy gives Ian enough time to log out. After this I back off and loop round a bit more south, once again going from pine tree to pine tree. I lay in wait again, just assessing the situation, trying to see if I could see anyone else. I see a few more people running around but I can't get a good shot off, until I see someone trying to loot the person that I had killed. I lay down and lay into him the same way I did his buddy. He drops to the floor dead and once again I leg it to a further back pine tree. A few minutes later I creep forward, then bullets zip past my head. I turn tail and run in the opposite direction, ducking between trees to avoid the bullets.

I followed the tree line around to the other side of the field, the attackers had lost interest by this point. I lay down in another pine tree, with a complete view of our base across the field. There was lots of people there, including a humvee with a machine gun on the roof. It was parked up against the wall, firing in as if there was still someone inside. I take a shot at the gunner and miss, I didn't accomodate enough for the distance so aimed higher with the next shot and get a hit on him this time. The humvee then speeds off and circles the base, not stopping so that I couldn't get another shot off.

I moved slightly further round to another tree and lay back down, waiting to see what happened next. The next thing I hear is footsteps, and a guy in a ghillie suit with a sniper rifle plonks himself in the tree ahead of me, I easily pick him off before legging it back into the woods as fast as I can. No way I was hanging around to loot that guy and wait for the humvee to come across the field after me. So I hide in another tree and I hear the horn of the humvee getting closer and closer as I hide in a tree. It then gets further away again so I head further back into the woods and hide in another tree. Once again the honking of the horn gets closer while I hide in yet another tree. It gets very close before giving up and leaving. That was enough combat for me, I didn't feel I could do anymore to help so I logged out. At this point Ian logged back in and tried to bloodbag himself but got killed.

By the end there was 3 Humvees, a helicopter, a load of snipers in the tree line and god knows how many other people they recruited. They ended up knocking down one of the server spawned walls (rather than one we had built which are indestructible) and got to our storage crates. We had lots of weapons and items in there, most of which we had found in a tent that was kind of near our base.

Apparently the two people that started all this, the two that Ian killed, were arguing over our loot with the people that got the kills so deserved the bounty. They said that if we didn't move our base, they would attack it daily until we did. I have two words to say to them, "Challenge Accepted"! We will log on and we will reinforce the server spawned walls with walls we have made ourselves and the fight will rage on! This isn't over!

No comments:

Post a Comment