Tuesday 21 January 2014

A Hearthstone tale of RNG, Legendaries and a probably very upset Warrior.


Hello everyone, Kieran 'Mukea' Miller here again and today "Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft" finally entered Open Beta! As of now it is only open in America but either way, in celebration of this I am bringing you a story that happened to me in a match earlier today. I am trying out a new script in which you can hover over the card names and it will show a tooltip of the card that I am talking about in order to make it easier.

Lets begin, so today I made a Paladin deck called “I Pray to RNGsus, Amen” (RNG being Random Number Generator) as a joke/fun deck. I included a lot of cards such as Mad Bomber, Demolisher, Alarm-o-Bot and Holy Wrath. All of these cards rely on RNG in order to be useful. Although not RNG related I also threw in Tirion Fordring and Deathwing just for good measure. This story took place against a Warrior.

So we were quite far into the game and the warrior had managed to stay at full health and gather about 15 armour through Shield Block, Armorsmiths and Armor Up. I hadn't lost too much health but I had a Sunwalker and 2 Silver Hand Recruits out when his board was clear. My opponent then played Alexstrasza and set my health to 15.

At this point I had a Holy Wrath in my hand, and decided to leave the fate of Alexstrasza to RNG. Low and behold, Deathwing was drawn and Alexstrasza was hit for 10 damage. Needless to say I jumped for joy and proceeded to smack him in the face with my remaining minions.

Next turn the warrior dropped a Ragnaros, thankfully one of my Silver Hand Recruits took the brunt of the blow. I decided to leave Ragnaros fate down to RNG aswell, and cast another Holy Wrath on him. This time I drew a Consecration and only did 4 damage but then attacked with my Sunwalker to finish him off seeing as it still had Divine Shield. I then attacked with my remaining Silver Hand Recruits.

Just when I thought there couldn't be any more Legendary cards coming out of this guys hand, he played Ysera. Unfortunately for my opponent, I had the answer again, I played Equality, killed Ysera with a Silver Hand Recruit and then played my Tirion Fordring. I didn't take any damage since Alexstrasza set my health to 15 and despite all of his legendaries I actually went on to win the match by a long shot.

I know this was a long story but it was the most fun I've ever had in Hearthstone. Too bad I'm not as lucky with my serious decks. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment